Show Us Your Life-Baby Showers!

Friday, August 21, 2009

This week at Kelly's Korner we are doing "Show Us Your Life" Baby Showers! I was blessed enough to have 4 showers. 2 baby showers, one daddy shower, and a sip and see. My first shower was thrown by one of my best friends, Cathy. I think one of my favorite things was the cake. LOVED IT! I was so excited since it was my first shower. We got lots of great stuff!

Me and Kristin









Then my wonderful co-worker and best friend, Kristin, threw me a surprise baby shower at work. I was 100% surprised. They were all so sweet to get me gifts and made sure to invite my mom and sister. We ate some delicious food and took a great break from work:)
My mom, me, and my sister at my work shower!

Charlie works in the NICU with about 95% women. So they all wanted to share in the joy of Charlie becoming a father:) We were truly BLESSED by this shower. This was our last one and they pretty much made sure we got every last thing left on our registry. They did a girly sports theme. Pink footballs, baseballs, bats, etc. Even the cake was a football field with pink yard lines:) I loved being there with him and seeing all the wonderful people he works with and cares about him.

All of the decor and food!



This is some of Charlie's co workers and his mom, who also work in the NICU with him!

After Savi was born my mom and mother in law hosted a sip and see. It is where people come and sip on tea/coffee and see the new baby. Savi was 5 weeks old and slept through most of it. It was fun to show her off. I am hosting one for my friend in a month or so and since she is having a boy I am doing a little twist on the idea. Most people kind of associate a sip and see with a tea theme. I am doing a sparkling sip and see and having a champagne bar. I am going to print up menu cards with different champagne mixer drinks. So I will have champagne and different mixers like orange juice, pomegranate juice, etc. I am hoping it turns out cute. At some point during the shower we will toast to baby Jacob!:)

5 weeks old in her Sip and See dress

Below is a link to a post for a shower I threw for my friend, Kimberly, for her baby that we are expecting any day now!
Kimberly's Baby Shower!

Post a Comment! 11 comments »

11 comments

  1. Courtney // August 21, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

    What a great idea for friends and family to get to see the little baby! You were a glowing pregnant woman!

  2. Mrs. M // August 21, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

    What fun showers and I LOVE the set-up for the daddy shower! He must work with some wonderful people!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

  3. Charity // August 21, 2009 at 4:00 PM  

    I love the umbrella cake it is so sweet!!

  4. Brittany..Following my Bliss // August 21, 2009 at 6:37 PM  

    Loved the girly sports theme for Charlie! All of my pictures from my showers were long before digital cameras so I'd have to scan them and I don't own a scanner anymore! lol
    Look's like you were really blessed from friends and family at your showers!

  5. Elizabeth // August 21, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

    Love the cupcake umbrella! So cute!!

  6. Staci A // August 22, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

    They all look like amazing showers! Both cakes are very cute!

    I love the idea of a sip & see too!

  7. lots of love // August 22, 2009 at 1:53 PM  

    I LOVE your dress in your first shower picture! so cute! you had very cute showers too! i love savi's outfit in her sip & see shower!

  8. Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too // August 23, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

    What great showers! The daddy shower was so cute! Savi looks so adorable in her sip & see outfit!

  9. Shermanators // August 24, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

    So cute!! It's still a secret, but we just found out we are pregnant this past weekend! Reading your post brought tears to my eyes! Baby showers are so fun!

  10. Shermanators // August 24, 2009 at 4:13 PM  

    Oh yeah...LOVED the football cake!! I need to steal that idea...us Shermans are HUGE football fans!

  11. Anonymous // August 26, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

    I love that cupcake umbrella cake... you make an ADORABLE baby bump... and it was TOTALLY sweet of your hubby's co-workers to throw him that Daddy shower!!! Adorable!

Followers