Show Us Your Life-Favorite Vacation Spots

Thursday, August 13, 2009

This week at KellysKorner we are showcasing our beautiful vacation spots. I definitely will say any place with a beach is my favorite spot. I really enjoy Destin, FL. My family and I went more times than I can count for our family vacations. It is just so pretty there and has just enough to do but isn't a huge city. I am looking forward to our vacation there soon.

I also love New York City. Only for vactioning ( I could never live there). I have been twice. Once in the summer and once during Christmas. Christmas was way better. I danced all through 6yrs and up and in highschool my dance team was invited to dance in the Macy's Day Thanksgiving Parade. Well by November the whole city is already decorated for Christmas. It was so pretty and festive! I spent Thanksgiving walking the whole parade route and dancing in front of thousands of people and then saw the rockettes later that day. It was the best! The broadway shows are amazing and the shopping is pretty awesome too!:) My husband hates the idea of a busy city for a vacation. One day I hope to drag him there though just so we can do it together:)



Post a Comment! 10 comments »

10 comments

  1. tiarastantrums // August 13, 2009 at 10:50 PM  

    NYC is quite fantastic!!!

  2. Courtney // August 14, 2009 at 8:12 AM  

    What a cool experience to have!

  3. Shermanators // August 14, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

    Oh...I got the chills as I read your post! I LOVE NYC too! My hubby has never been and we are trying to plan a trip in early 2010 but maybe we will try to switch to December?

    Speaking of, have you been to DC for christmas? I happen to be there on business in 2003 at the beginning of December. GORGEOUS! the whole city was lit up in lights and we happen to be there for the lighting of the Christmas tree on the White House lawn. We heard President Bush and laura speak. I remember crying the whole way through as Pres Bush read the Christmas story out of the bible and prayed for our soldiers and our Country.

    Opss, sorry for the long post! Yours brought back so many happy memories for me! :)

  4. Katie Patterson // August 14, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

    My Father in law used to live in NYC and we visited for Christmas several times. It was so beautiful and exciting to visit at that time of year. Now we live in Florida and I feel like I am on vacation all the time!!! Except for I am a teacher and have to start back next week...ugghh

  5. Mrs. M // August 14, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

    I can't wait to visit NYC someday, and we also want to go to Miami sometime. My husband went once, but it was a long time ago and we think it will be fun when we can go together! ;-)

  6. Christa // August 15, 2009 at 12:00 AM  

    My favorite is Destin too! LOVE it there!

  7. Nikki Cogg // August 15, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

    Thank you for stopping by my blog! I absolutely LOVED NYC! How fun that you were invited to dance in the Macy's T-Day Parade?? I was a dancer in jr. high and high school as well, but unfortunatley we were unable to travel unless the state touched our state (Arkansas). SUCH a bummer since we were invited every year to compete at Nationals in Disney World.

    I loved your post, I bet that was an experience that you'll never forget!

  8. Danielle Bridgers Banks // August 15, 2009 at 9:27 PM  

    When I was a senior in high school, my band marched in the Macy's parade as well!! It is a trip that I will never forget. I was so disappointed though because the big Christmas tree wasn't lit up yet. I would love to go back sometime, during Christmas of course, but it doesn't sound like a trip that my husband would want to make. My mom and I have said for years that we are going to go back. Maybe sometime soon!

  9. Staci A // August 16, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

    Any vacation sounds great right about now!

    I used to love going to NYC for a day or two at a time, but haven't in years. I'm not sure my hubby would like it either.

  10. New York Hotel // November 17, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

    Nyc is the best place for a vacation, dont you think?it doesnt matter if i go with my family friends or just me alone. usually i book 4-7 days trip via last minute travel.check it out , trust me

Followers