Show Us Your Life-Reception and Honeymoon!

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Yeah, another one:) This week at Kelly's Korner we are showing our receptions and honeymoons! Last one in the wedding series....so sad:( Our reception was held at the Marriott I work for. We were very blessed to be able to hold it there. It is a beautiful hotel and everything turned out exactly as I wanted. Side note: A co worker who at the time worked in a different department than me was the one that helped plan the details for my event. She is now one of my best friends! Funny how life goes:) She didn't come to my wedding though because she had to go to her cousin's graduation. She is sad about that now looking back I am sure...HA! (She is prob reading this dying laughing)

Anyway we did both the ceremony and reception there. We got married on a Sunday and most churches don't let you use the chapel/sanctuary on Sundays. Understandably so. Our ceremony was short and sweet and then we were married! There was a small cocktail reception while we took pictures and then they were seated in the ballroom.


We entered the room as Mr. and Mrs. Scott and went straight into our first dance! We danced to "I Could Not Ask For More" by Edwin McCain. After that we sat down to eat the yummy soup that some people still talk about today. We have really good "hotel food" compared to a lot of other places. The rest of the meal flew by and then I did my dance with my dad to "Just The Way You Look Tonight."



Jackie caught my bouquet and was the next to get married! It really works:)

We cut our cake, tossed bouquets/garters, and did toasts and then danced the night away. We stayed in the hotel but I wanted an exit with sparklers. We left the hotel and did a quick trip around the lake out front the hotel and came back in:) HA! Went up to our beautiful suite and got up the next morning for our honeymoon which was a cruise! We had the best time!!!



Thanks for visiting:)

Post a Comment! 9 comments »

9 comments

  1. Kristin // August 7, 2009 at 9:18 AM  

    I would have come to the wedding if I would have been invited :) I was there in spirit!! Maybe you should just have another wedding (you can still marry charlie) and that way I can be there with you!!

  2. Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly // August 7, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

    The planner is always invited...duh! But yes I like that idea...can it be free:)

  3. Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) // August 7, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

    Great pics. Love your dress!

  4. Ashley // August 7, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

    What great pictures of everyone dancing! And the picture of your and your groom - so beautiful!
    Your cake looked absolutely scrumptious!

  5. Courtney // August 7, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

    I've been DYING to go on a cruise! Maybe I can talk my husband into it for our one year anniversary.

  6. Heather // August 7, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

    Your reception looks so fun! I love the honeymoon pictures! I would love to go on a cruise!

  7. Mrs. M // August 7, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

    Love to see everyone dancing at the reception - so fun!! ;-) The cake was beautiful too!!

  8. ♥ sarah // August 7, 2009 at 9:45 PM  

    hey girl! i just came across your pictures and i absolutely love your wedding dress! so pretty!

  9. Unknown // August 11, 2009 at 4:19 PM  

    Great photos ~ looks like everyone had a terrific time dancing, eating and enjoying the event.
    Your honeymoon looks like fun too.

Followers