Birthday Girl Dress

Friday, August 07, 2009

So I have been seeing some really cute dresses on Etsy, but I am one of those DIY people. So I set off to make Savi a birthday dress for her party or for the day. I have a onsie also so she has 2 outfits for the big day! I found this little pink dress on sale at Wal-Mart for $1. That is what I am talking about!!! Then they had an iron on crystal cupcake. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought the letters and used some of my crystals to be able to add the candle. I really wanted it so it would kinda represent her 1st birthday! The letters ironed on perfectly. The cupcake was a little more tedious. I had to glue on some of the cupcake because the iron just wasn't working since they are so small. Then I just glued the candle crystals on myself. I love how it turned out!


The cupcake has a sticky outside edge and then you turn the dress inside out and iron from the back. Then you are supposed to be able to peel it off and they stick to the dress. Some didn't so I just glued them on.



Post a Comment! 11 comments »

11 comments

  1. Litte PipeSqueaks Place // August 7, 2009 at 12:37 PM  

    That is so cute. Good job on the dress.

  2. Mrs. H // August 7, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

    What a cute idea! You did a fabulous job.

  3. Chelsa // August 7, 2009 at 2:18 PM  

    awesome job! it's so cute!

  4. Courtney // August 7, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

    What a great idea! GOod job!

  5. Mrs. M // August 7, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

    You are so creative!!

  6. lots of love // August 7, 2009 at 4:54 PM  

    so cute! i love doin stuff like that!

  7. Heather // August 7, 2009 at 10:40 PM  

    That is seriously so cute!! Great job girl!! She is going to look adorable, but of course, the sweet baby wearing the dress makes it beautiful!

  8. Staci A // August 8, 2009 at 12:28 AM  

    It looks adorable! You are so creative!

  9. Jenny // August 8, 2009 at 5:06 AM  

    I too LOVE etsy!!! Great job on the dress! Love it!!!

  10. Brittany..Following my Bliss // August 8, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

    That is absolutely adorable! Cant wait to see Savannah in her dress for her birthday pics!

  11. Jenna // August 10, 2009 at 3:09 PM  

    What a great idea! I am all about the DIY! Thanks for the tips.

Followers