Keep on keepin on.....

Monday, June 29, 2009

This weekend was pretty good. I spent a lot of time with the family since Marissa just got home! On Friday we went out to dinner at Bennihanas to celebrate Marissa and dad's birthdays. And kinda father's day too since my dad was out of town at the time. It was so good!

Charlie and I have been reaping the benefits this weekend of all my cooking that I did early this past week. One of my co workers found this website called http://www.onceamonthmom.com/ where they post once a month all the recipes, grocery list, and process to make enough meals for 30 days. We took a couple things out that we didn't like and didn't make any of the breakfast, but in all we made 8 types of dishes. You buy all the groceries and then plan to cook for about 4-6 hours. It wasn't that bad though. The worst was seeing my kitchen a huge mess, but it got all cleaned up so all was well with the world:) Each thing we made I will get 2-4 meals out of. Everything you make gets frozen. So when you are ready to eat all you have to do is heat in the oven or microwave. We made lasagna, BBQ meatloaf, beef and macaroni soup, Asian chicken salad, tater tot casserole, chicken enchiladas, taquitos, and sun dried tomato pin wheels. You have to cook with a partner because it takes that much work and the recipes are going to make enough for 2 families. Since Charlie and I only eat for 2 right now we split it between 3 families. My grocery bill for my portion was $47. Not bad at all and we have plenty of food to show for it!


Sunday night we finally had a little celebration for Father's Day. Charlie worked last Sunday and in the evening I was at a wedding. I made dinner and kept Savi up and we gave Charlie his present. It is a stepping stone. At some point Charlie wants to spruce up our side yards and just put down mulch and stepping stones because the grass has a hard time growing with the other houses blocking the sun. I think he really liked it and I plan to do many more over the years to keep adding to our backyard. Charlie is a wonderful father and he just plays and has so much fun with Savannah. I could not ask for a better father for my children. I hope you had a wonderful 1st father's day baby!


Lastly we added this new piece of furniture. I got it off craigslist. I am a huge fan of craigslist. Don't worry I am careful, none of this crazy meet up in a hotel stuff. Anyway I have been looking for a nice tv stand and this one was orginally from Pier 1. I need to decorate it better, this was just stuff I had on hand. I love the piece though and only $20!
Savannah has her doctor appointment later this week. Hopefully things will be fine. Tomorrow is my dad's birthday so we are having dinner at there house. Friday we are headed to Tyler for some 4th of July fun and pool time. Fun filled week ahead:)

Post a Comment! 3 comments »

3 comments

  1. Mrs. M // June 29, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

    Love the stepping stone! Hannah did one for me for Mother's Day. It is something they can do every year and you can just keep adding to the collection. Keeping all of you in my thoughts!

  2. Diamonds & Dumptrucks Boutique // July 1, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

    Hi Giving a quick update, you entered my giveway via kellys korner - i'm having another on my blog! :)

  3. Brittany..Following my Bliss // July 3, 2009 at 11:54 PM  

    I love the Fathers day gift!
    I love the tv stand too! I'm addicted to Craigslist myself! That was a GREAT find!

Followers