Wedding Party and Flowers :)

Thursday, July 30, 2009

This week at KellysKorner for "Show Us Your Life" is wedding party and flowers! All things wedding are wonderful, so I am enjoying this little series:) I had 6 bridesmaids. My maid of honor was my sister. The other 5 are all long time friends from church, school, and dance! I love bright colors and my wedding was in the summer, so I chose a bright teal for there dresses. They were tea length dresses and I probably could have found some that I liked better, but just to get everyone there dresses and have it convenient for them it was just easiest to do David's Bridal for that part. We found my flower girl dress on ebay and then just bought the matching sash to the bridesmaid dresses from David's Bridal. It was a great way to have coordinating dresses but only spent $50 on the total look.


Adorable flower girl!

Maid of honor and my sister! Yes we are related, someone just tans a little better than I do:)


From the rehearsal dinner, all the groomsmen. Charlie's brother, Chris, was his best man.

The whole group!

Our florist did a wonderful job. If you need a florist for your wedding let me know (Dallas area). She is starting her own business so she is very cost efficient and does a great job. For my flowers I went with gerbera daisies. I love this flower. They are bright and cheery! But also one of the more inexpensive flowers on the market. My bouquet had white roses in the middle and then gerbera daisies surrounding it. I also had 2 or 3 butterflies mixed into it. I love butterflies and they had to be incorporated some how:) The bridesmaids had just gerbera daisies and the boys had white roses. She did several other flowers in vases for décor for the ceremony and reception. All in all both turned out exactly like I imagined!



Flower for the ceremony that we later moved into the reception to decorate the tables with.

Our florist made this cute flower head piece for my flower girl. Turned out beautiful!

Post a Comment! 14 comments »

14 comments

  1. Ashley // July 30, 2009 at 9:43 PM  

    Brittany----SOOO pretty! :o)

  2. lots of love // July 30, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

    very pretty! i love that shade of blue on the BM dresses!

  3. Emily // July 30, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

    I love the bouquets! Gorgeous!

  4. Courtney // July 30, 2009 at 9:59 PM  

    Beautiful colors and wedding!

  5. Ashley // July 30, 2009 at 11:56 PM  

    I adore the shade of blue that you chose for your bridesmaids' dresses!

    I definitely think my favorite of those pictures is the picture of your rings in the flower - absolutely stunning!

  6. Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) // July 31, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

    Beautiful pictures. I LOVE your bouquet. I was going to do that for mine becasue I love gerber daisys but decided to go with a different choice. I stumbled across your blog from a friends page....very cute.

  7. Nikki Cogg // July 31, 2009 at 10:34 AM  

    Gorgeous dresses- the halter style is so flattering! The color is pretty, too especially with the contrasting bouquets. So pretty!!

  8. Mrs. M // July 31, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

    Love the flowers - and the dresses are super cute!! ;-)

  9. Courtney // July 31, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

    Your flowers were beautiful. Love the bridesmaid dresses!

  10. Anonymous // July 31, 2009 at 7:12 PM  

    It looks like you had a beautiful wedding!

  11. Mommyto3andahusky // July 31, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

    pretty flowers!

  12. Claire // August 1, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

    Such a gorgeous wedding!

    Cxx

  13. Unknown // August 1, 2009 at 6:16 PM  

    I love those type of daisies too!

  14. Danielle Bridgers Banks // August 2, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

    Loved the colors, expecially for a summer wedding!

Followers