Free time? What is That?

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Charlie posting.....It has been a whole 10 months since Savannah was born! My how time flies! Our little one is so big now...crawling and babbling away/ it's only a matter of time before she's walking and running, leading me on rampant chases throughout our house.

With her increasing mobility, I find myself in an increased state of awareness, watching her every move. What's that she's putting in her mouth? Where is she crawling off to? Careful on that tile, sweetie, don't bonk your head! Plus about a hundred other cares and concerns.

With all this constant attention, I am finding it more difficult to find free time to myself. I know Brittany feels the same way. But you know what? It's no big deal. I find that I actually love the time spent with my baby girl. It's funny that a completely selfless sacrifice can bring so much fulfillment.

The only thing I can say is that I think chore duty has really taken a hit, because I cannot get half of what I normally do done now. It's more or less a spazzy, rushed attempt to do the dishes, laundry, or whatever chore presents itself as the most convenient and do-able. I know all you moms and dads out there know exactly what I am talking about!

So my hat is off to all you parents out there!

Now, for Not Me Mondays! I used to do these all the time, but slacked lately since I haven't been on my other blog as much. I am not typing this ahead of time while I am at work. It's crazy how I could easily forget something like this.

I am not drinking an abundance of soft drinks lately, even after losing 25 pounds. The taste is just too yummy, but the ever-increasing guilt is starting to ooze out, and I'm pretty sure the Cokes will be drastically limited sometime soon.

And finally, I am not going to tell Brittany that I still use the fancy towels to dry my hands off after I wash my hands and brush my teeth...oh wait...oops.

Check out more Not Me's at MckMama's blog, http://mycharmingkids.net.

Post a Comment! 2 comments »

2 comments

  1. Mrs. M // July 13, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

    Happy Monday!!!

  2. Charity // July 13, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

    My Cayleigh-Grace is 10 months too, she was born on the 3rd when was your daughter born. Cayleigh-Grace just took her first steps this morning, I think I am still in shock!!

Followers