Home Tour - Dining Room

Thursday, May 21, 2009

This week on Kelly's Home Tour we are seeing everyone's dining room! Our dining room is pretty neat and simple. It isn't huge so I don't want it to feel small or cluttered. We have a table that seats 6 but I have 2 more chairs. One day I will look for a bigger table since I have the chairs for it. In the corner is a curio cabinet. The top has a butterfly tea set and the bottom has some swarvorski crystal figurines, ballet figurines, and a blown glass butterfly from my parents trip to Europe. Right now the only thing on the wall is a large portrait from our wedding. When we take some professional family pics I am sure that will be added someday soon. Nothing crazy interesting, but it is our dining room. We have used it once or twice maybe so far. More use to come:)

Post a Comment! 6 comments »

6 comments

  1. Mrs. M // May 21, 2009 at 10:51 PM  

    Like the color! The lighting fixture is great - I want more of a chandelier light for our dining room someday...

  2. Anonymous // May 22, 2009 at 3:25 AM  

    Pretty cool stuff, I saw this site with some useful info on antique dining chairs. I hope it helps you.

  3. Frugal Jen // May 22, 2009 at 12:59 PM  

    I also have my wedding photo in my dining room. It's a special place to display photos. Your photo is beautiful!

  4. Lakeshore Cottage Living // May 23, 2009 at 8:38 PM  

    pretty room and even prettier little girl!

  5. Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend // May 25, 2009 at 1:11 AM  

    Love the color...I loved reading your blog tonight.
    Be sure and stop by my blog and sign up for the "10 Giveaways" that I will draw for on Wednesday.

    Also, please pray for sweet Maggie as she returns to St Jude's this week. Would love for you to grab her button for your blog...

  6. Southern Fried Gal // May 25, 2009 at 3:13 PM  

    Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Love the color of your dining room! The wall decorations are just a stencil from HL that I taped on the wall and then spread drywall mud over the stencil. Then just remove the stencil and voila! Good luck and let me know if you decide to give it a try!

Followers