Happy Mother's Day!

Monday, May 11, 2009

This weekend was so good! Friday, Marissa got home and Kristin and I met her for lunch at Subway. Later Charlie and Savi met us over at mom's house for pizza. We ate for a little bit and then Charlie headed home to get some stuff done while Savi and I hung out for a bit with the fam. Saturday, Charlie had to go to Oklahoma for the day to see his brother graduate from college. Savi and I spent the day with my parents and Marissa. We met them at I HOP (so good!) and then went home so Savi could nap. We went back out to a couple of places to shop and then went to Steak and Shake for dinner. I went home and Marissa came over for a bit to keep me company since Charlie wasn't getting home till late. We had good sister time and watched Sex in the City. (She says they are making a sequel, is this true? If so I am very excited!)



While technically I was a "mother" last year being pregnant and all it was definitely not the same. I so love being a mom to my little one and celebrating the day with her. She is so precious to me and I just can't get enough of her! I had a great day. We got up at 5am (Savi's hour of choice:) ) and I fed her. Charlie brought me my mother's day gift and it was some beautiful butterfly jewelry from Brighton. Savi and dad have good taste:) Charlie was about to leave to go get me breakfast when I decided that Savi and I wanted to tag along. We didn't have any other plans so off we went to the doughnut shop! After we finished breakfast Savi took a nap and then we went to Wal-Mart as a family. Now I know what your thinking…"why would you do that on your mother's day?" But let me explain. First of all I don't mind grocery shopping. But more importantly if I have the opportunity to go with Charlie than even better. We don't do little errands like that as much anymore because of our work schedules and I miss it. So I was more than happy to spend the day together doing that stuff. We came home and got ready for brunch. It was soooo good. We were quite stuffed after that. Once we got home we all took a nap! I think I slept a little longer than everyone else:) For the evening we went over to Charlie's parents house for mother's day dinner/celebrate Chris' graduation. Good food and time with family. When we got back home we were pretty beat. We put Savi to bed and then Charlie and I played Scrabble. I once again lost, BUT I did pretty good. I at least kept it interesting. He is just so good at that darn game. Next time….


Charlie and I at the brunch.



Savi, Me, Mom, and Sis:)











How I ended my perfect day! I am a lucky girl:)

Post a Comment! 3 comments »

3 comments

  1. Unknown // May 12, 2009 at 1:05 AM  

    Happy Mother's Day!! Glad you had such a wondeful day!!!

    IHOP is the best:)

  2. Mrs. M // May 12, 2009 at 7:37 AM  

    Looks like a wonderful day! I love the flower on Savi's headband!!

  3. Unknown // May 12, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

    Glad i got to spend so much time with you!! i made it in a picture and the blog i feel so cool!!! miss you sissy!

Followers