KellysKorner Favorite Recipes

Thursday, September 17, 2009

This week at KellysKorner, we are doing favorite recipes! I hope I get some good ideas:) So this recipe below is pretty much the best quesadillas I have ever had! They are different to and I so wouldn't have thought I would like them as much as I did. They just taste so good!

Monterrey Chicken Quesadillas

  • 1/2 lb. shredded or diced cooked chicken (I used one large boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked in the oven)
  • 3/4 c. barbecue sauce (bottled or homemade)
  • 1/2 lb. bacon
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 c. shredded cheese (I use Monterrey Jack, but anything would work)
  • 6 burrito-sized flour tortillas
  • Butter

1. Combine chicken and barbecue sauce. Set aside.

2. Dice the bacon and add to a small skillet. Cook until desired crispness. Remove bacon from skillet with a slotted spoon to drain.

3. Add the sliced onion to the bacon grease in the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes, until fully cooked. Remove onions with a slotted spoon and drain.

4. Build quesadillas – on a tortilla layer cheese, chicken, bacon, onion, more cheese and top with a second tortilla.


Post a Comment! 16 comments »

16 comments

  1. Heather // September 17, 2009 at 11:16 PM  

    um Brittany, these look so good!! I seriously can not wait to try it! My kids will eat it too, so that's a huge bonus!

  2. Courtney // September 18, 2009 at 12:02 AM  

    I've been looking for a good quesadilla recipe! Thanks for sharing!

  3. Mrs. M // September 18, 2009 at 7:42 AM  

    Those sound so good!!

  4. Megan // September 18, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

    LOVE quesadillas! And these look great! It's 8:45 in the morning and now I want a quesadilla :-)

  5. Tatum // September 18, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

    These sound awesome! Thanks for sharing!

  6. Staci A // September 18, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

    Sounds delicious! Now I'm wondering if I have the ingredients to make them for lunch...

  7. Nikki Cogg // September 18, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

    Ok- YUM that looks delicious!! I tagged you in my blog!

  8. lots of love // September 18, 2009 at 12:56 PM  

    Mmm they look good! my husband & rylie both love quesadillas! thanks for sharing!

  9. laurensmommy // September 18, 2009 at 1:16 PM  

    Hi Brittany,
    I am visiting from Kelly's Korner...these quesadillas look so good! We will be trying them soon! And by the way, your little girl is absolutely adorable! What a doll!!

  10. Jenny // September 18, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

    Sounds delicious!!!! I will give them a try!

  11. Taylor // September 18, 2009 at 3:05 PM  

    This looks really good. I eat a quesadilla every time I go to eat Mexican. Thanks for sharing!!

  12. Meredith // September 18, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

    Yummy!! Can't wait to try it!!

  13. SnoWhite // September 18, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

    what a perfect lunch idea -- delicious!

  14. Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend // September 18, 2009 at 11:04 PM  

    yummy.....yummy....sounds like fun....Had an entire free night to blog hop and enjoyed yours. Hope you will stop by new Christmas blog ...There is a great giveaway that I will draw for on Oct 1st and all you need to do to enter is comment.
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

  15. Anonymous // September 19, 2009 at 4:23 PM  

    These look super yummy - can't wait to try them!

  16. Children of the 90s // September 20, 2009 at 11:07 PM  

    Yum, these look delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Followers