Free At Last!

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Since Savi has turned one, I am officially free of breastfeeding!!! I had a personal goal to do it for a whole year and succeeded! It was hard at times. I have literally cried over spilled milk! There is nothing worse when I am transferring all my milk to bottles and stuff and one spills over and I loose even just an ounce! As my mother-in-law refers to it....milk is like gold! Not necessarily abundant and very precious:) There were times where I just didn't get enough pumped during the day while I was at work and had to wake myself up at 2am to pump one more time so Savi would have enough during the day. Other times I had plenty and more to provide for her. It was a crazy roller coaster but it was so good for her and me. We have weened her off of breast milk to whole milk and she has done great! I hurt a little but not to bad. Either way I am proud to say that I am free at last from pumping and all things breastfeeding for now;)

Post a Comment! 13 comments »

13 comments

  1. Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's // September 13, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

    Good for you making it to the one year mark ... that is huge!!!

  2. Heather // September 13, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

    Brittany- Congratulations! That is SO awesome!!! I breastfed my Connor-boo for one year and it is a BIG accomplishment, esp. when you work. I was teaching school and that pump was my "sidekick!" ha! Anyway- to say you breastfed for a whole year while working full-time is amazing!!! You should feel GREAT!!! Now, enjoy your freedom!!!

  3. Heather // September 13, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

    OH- and I meant to tell you....I have totally "cried over spilt milk" too. Pouring it into freezer bags can be tricky!!! :)

  4. Courtney // September 13, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

    1 year is very impressive! you should be proud!

  5. lots of love // September 13, 2009 at 11:01 PM  

    Wow that's a huge accomlishment girl! I wussed out & quit after a wk, but I do wish I could've continued a lot longer! I definitely respect those who can keep up with it!
    Sorry I've gotten behind on blogging & just caught up on yours! Happy belated bday Savannah! Hope it was a great one!

  6. Jenny // September 14, 2009 at 6:57 AM  

    Good for you! Making it to a year is a HUGE accomplishment!!!!

  7. Jenna // September 14, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

    Congrats! Way to stick to your goal! What a wonderful accomplishment!

  8. Mrs. H // September 14, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

    Congratulations! I've heard it's difficult to do for a long period of time, but I bet it helped with loosing the baby weight.

  9. Mrs. M // September 14, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

    Congrats!!! That is a great accomplishment. Both my children kind of self-weaned around 10 months and I was so bummed because I wanted to hit that 12 month mark too. But I wasn't too bummed because it's so nice being done with it too! ;-)

  10. Nicolasa // September 14, 2009 at 5:11 PM  

    That is great!

  11. Unknown // September 14, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

    Brittany~ congratulations!! i'm hoping to be able to breastfeed Bryson for a year. it seems so overwhelming especially since i'm about to head back to work. but i'm glad to know that someone else was able to achieve such a great accomplishment :)this gives me alot of motivation!!

  12. Staci A // September 14, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

    Congrats on making it a year! That's awesome (but I completely understand being excited over being done)!

  13. Anonymous // September 5, 2020 at 9:34 AM  

    mmmmmmmmmmmm I have something she can suck on mum it will feed her too, c um is good for a baby it helped my 2 girls grow big and strong

Followers