Sleeping Away

Monday, March 02, 2009

That's right, precious little Savannah fell asleep right by my side, and is on her second nap in two hours! She slept all night last night from 7pm to 6am, for 11 hours total, so I am a little surprised she zonked out again.

The last couple days have been pretty rough sleep-wise. Savannah has been bale roll back to front for awhile, but now can roll front to back. This newfound ability has left her turning onto her side and stomach while she sleeps. She even rolls right over the wedges we have to preent such actions!

Of course, our concern is SIDS, and as fairly new parents, we still are a little nervos about letting her sleep on her stomach.

I know the first night she did it I was up pretty much all night. Weariness and exhaustion set in the next day, and the next night I ended up bringing her into our bed. I know, I know, that's even worse and more dangerous. Don't fret too much, because the very next night Brittany and I decided to see how it would go leaving her in her crib, after reading that once babies can roll every which way, SIDS risks are lowered. Savannah did fine.

My heart skipped a beat when I woke up this morning at 6am to see her in the monitor sleeping on her stomach. Luckily, it was also feeding time, so I had an excuse to go get her. SHe was totally okay, ate, and went back to sleep.

I guess the more this becomes a part of our life, the less worried we will be, but it won't go away completely. We will always be leary of SIDS.

An another note, there is a great blog carnival going on at MckMama's blog, My Charming Kids. It is Not Me! Monday, and here are my not me's. Well, here are some more. You can read more of my not me's on my other blog, Khordaddy.com. Today, I am not procrastinating and avoiding my next workout. Not that it is hard, it's just that I'm tired as hell. Don't worry though, I WILL do it ;) I am not changing the text color of this blog to black because the original brown was too hard to see. And I am not openly hoping, or shouting out loud, that I want warm weather to get here quick, fast, and in a hurry.

Post a Comment! 1 comments »

1 comments

  1. Mrs. M // March 2, 2009 at 11:13 AM  

    I want the warm weather too!

Followers