Last Weekend

Monday, April 07, 2008

I'm not sure that this past weekend actually counted as a weekend for Brittany and I. Our ideal Saturday and Sunday is spent resting and catching up from the past week's work. We try to do as much as we can together. For my part, it wasn't too bad. Chris came in town with some of his friends, and it was really good seeing him. I probably won't get to see him again until Kyle's wedding, since he will be in Chicage for the summer. He has an internship up there working with some sort of security system company. So, I'm glad he was able to come down. He got to see our house for the first time, which is cool. He also loved our little kitten! I guess my weekend wasn't too busy, but it was hard because Brittany wasn't really around. She had to housesit, work both Saturday and Sunday, and run a handful of other errands. I tried to help her out the best I could, but most of it was stuff she had to do herself. So we only had a couple times to do things together. This next weekend should be much better though. We will see how it works out.

Tarheels (the kitten) has graduated to full house access! He has passed his night time tests where we let him roam as he pleased while we were asleep. Surprisingly though, he didn't sleep in our bedroom. He sleeps downstairs for the most part. But he never fails to let us know that at 6am, it's time for food. He's up and meowing, relentless in his pursuit to get us up, until one of us succumbs and goes downstairs.

Brittany is 17 weeks pregnant as of yesterday! Almost halfway there! She hit a milestone this weekend. Finally. She has officially gained 10 pounds. It took forever! She's going to be a really tiny pregnant lady! :)

On a final note, I feel a little bad for Brit as we head into spring and summer. Everyone that I have talked to feels for her because she's going to go through her later parts of pregnancy in the dead heat of the Texas summer. I'm going to be on my best behavior to make sure it's as easy on her as possible!

Post a Comment! 1 comments »

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // April 8, 2008 at 10:01 AM  

    What are you doing up at 6:22am?
    I never could get you to get up
    that early!
    Buy several fans for the summer..it will cut down on your
    need for air cond. a little and
    help with your bills.
    Also, close off the rooms you won't be using
    Love ya, Mom

Followers