What a fun thing to write about! Charlie and I met in October 2005. I had recently moved back home from Waco where I had been in a relationship that didn't work out. I didn't exactly know what I was doing when I moved back as things never work out the way you think they are going to:) To just give you the good details first.....Charlie and I met via......MATCH.COM:) I know, we're fun like that!

I had a friend who was doing it and was sort of obsessed. She really wanted me to do it, and therefore a profile was made. I took control of it and was only signed up for the free trial they offered. I went on 2 dates that weren't awful, but definitely NOT the ones! Then, Charlie emailed me. He had told me later he was getting tired of Match (he had been on it a for a year or so) and his subscription was about to be up unless he paid to extend it again. He decided he was going to let it go for awhile, but did one last search in his area. I popped up and he emailed me:) He claims it took me several days to email him back. I don't really remember and didn't do it on purpose. Maybe I was just busy that weekend! I looked at his profile and was definitely interested. He was cute and I liked what he had to say about himself. The question with online dating though is always will he really look like that and is he a big fat liar about his personality. We emailed a ton for a couple weeks. Just question emails and get to know ya type stuff. We had a date set for a Friday night maybe and I remember not having much going on and kinda pushed to move it to that night...Tuesday. I was excited, what can I say:)

We met at Friday's for dinner. We both say we pretty much instantly knew this was a good thing and really could be IT! I met his parents on our 3rd date. We moved in together 3 months later and got engaged the following October. Married in June 07. I never even paid for Match.com, and barely made it through the free trial.

Us on our honeymoon:)

He is truly the best friend, husband, and father I could ever ask for. The love he has for our daughter is amazing and he treats both of us like princesses. We will soon have our little boy for him to be a wonderful role model to. Love you Charlie!

Post a Comment! 9 comments »

9 comments

  1. Charity // April 23, 2010 at 4:22 PM  

    That is so sweet!

  2. Mrs. M // April 23, 2010 at 5:08 PM  

    What an amazing story! So glad you found your "match"! :)

  3. Brittany..Following my Bliss // April 23, 2010 at 11:37 PM  

    Sweet story! :)

  4. Ann // April 24, 2010 at 4:39 PM  

    such a sweet story!! i know another couple who also met online...i guess it does work :)

  5. Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too // April 24, 2010 at 9:11 PM  

    It sounds like match.com was a success! You two make a beautiful couple!

  6. Staci A // April 25, 2010 at 7:22 PM  

    You have such a sweet story!

  7. Courtney // April 25, 2010 at 10:41 PM  

    I know so many couples that have met on match and eharmony and they all seem so in love! Cute story!

  8. lots of love // April 26, 2010 at 12:02 AM  

    What a cute story! I have LOTS of friends who met their spouses via online dating so I completely applaud it! Yall are such a cute couple!
    And hey, I didnt know you used to live in Waco! That's where I'm from too & went to HS!

  9. A.V.A // April 26, 2010 at 2:18 PM  

    I met my husband in a Yahoo chat, LOL. Seems like couples meeting online is so common. Back when I met Rich it was so horrible to have met your S/O online. Love your story!

Followers