New Recipe

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Charlie and I tried a new recipe this weekend and it was pretty good and easy! Thank goodness he saved the day though or they might not have been.

I started making them Saturday night while he was on his way home from work. I mixed the ingredients and warmed up the stove and began to cook them. Charlie called and asked how they looked. I told him, "well they don't seem to have the shape and consistency like you would think. Not at all like the picture." He asked, "well did you add this, this, this, etc." I said yes, then he mentioned one more ingredient and it clicked. "CRAP" I forgot that entire ingredient. That would be why these don't look so hot! Ugh, I was frustrated at myself and defeated. Charlie came home and decided they were fixable, and fixable they were. They were yummy. So from one amazing chef to another....my tip for you is make sure to add all the ingredients:)

Now for the recipe: Tuna Cakes....like faux crab cakes and aren't super fishy tasting for those that don't like that taste.

You Need:
2 cans (6 oz. each) light tuna in water, drained, flaked
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken- *this would be the ingredient I forgot:)
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
3/4 cup water
1 carrot, shredded- *Charlie wasn't a huge fan of the carrots so we did one celery chopped
1/3 cup KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. CLAUSSEN Sweet Pickle Relish-*Also Charlie wasn't a huge fan of so we did mustard.

All of our substitutions turned out fine. So go with whatever sounds good!

Directions:
1.Mix all ingredients.:) Refrigerate 10 min.

2.Heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Use ice cream scoop to add 1/3-cup portions of tuna mixture, in batches, to skillet. *( I just used my hand and a spoon for the portions)

3. Flatten into patties with back of spatula. Cook 6 min. or until golden brown on both sides, carefully turning patties over after 3 min.


Post a Comment! 3 comments »

3 comments

  1. Heather // April 21, 2010 at 4:41 PM  

    yum, that does sound easy and cheap! Can't wait to try it!

  2. Meredith // April 22, 2010 at 1:28 PM  

    Sounds great!! We will have to try it for sure! Congrats on your exciting news about having a little boy!!

  3. Kristin // April 22, 2010 at 10:53 PM  

    Did you forget the tuna?!?!

Followers