Mother's Day and a Flower Bed

Monday, May 12, 2008

I was off 5 days in a row last week after working 8 out of 9 days. It was a break I needed. Day one was spent getting my colonscopy. Everything came back normal, so my doctor said I only have to have a colonoscopy once every two years, as opposed to once every year. Definitely okay by me!

Day two I spent digging and planting a flower bed in our back yard. I planted 2 Nana Nandinas, 4 Gulf Nandinas, 6 cases of Petunias, 1 Chaste tree, a plant called a Silverberry, and 2 plants that were on the 75% discount rack. I forget what the last two were called. The Chaste tree is already looking stressed, but the rest are doing quite well. I tried to find plants that thrived in sunlight, and had low water requirements. I was really hoping to plant Purslane instead of the Petunias, but I just can't find it anywhere. This was a tough job. I had to start from scratch and dig up the grass and dirt, lay down four bags of soil, plant the plants, add the stone trim, and then cover everything with cedar mulch. Here's a pic of my hard work:

Day three wasn't nearly as grueling as the previous day, but it was still quite a bit of work. All house work. Cleaning the bathrooms, vacuuming the whole house, all the laundry, doing the dishes, sweeping, dusting, pledging, cleaning up after the cat and dog, etc. Doesn't sound like much, but that took up a good chunk of my day.

Day four I put together our grill for outside, and also put together a TV stand Brittany bought for our living room. We are excited about trying out our grill for the first time! Just need to get a propane tank and we are good to go! We also went to dinner at Brittany's parents house, and spent time with her family.

Day 5 was my day of rest. Brittany worked the Mother's Day brunch at the Marriott and went to a movie with her mom. I went to my parents' house for dinner to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom, and we had a very tasty Turkey dinner. Brittany and I got her one of those scented oil warmers. Bryan got one for us, and we love ours, so we thought it would be a perfect gift for my mom.

Now I'm at work again, and I'll be here 5 days this week. So much work, but at least it's overtime. We have an OB appointment this Thursday, which should just be a routine visit.

Baby update: The baby is still kicking up a storm. She is really active late at night and early in the morning. Wednesday will mark 23 weeks old! She will be a foot long and weigh a little over one pound! Most people think, "Wow, a foot long?!?! No way!" But remember, the baby is curled up. It's hard to imagine the baby is so big already!

Brittany and I are always talking about what we think she will look like. We both think she will have brown hair, blue eyes, freckles and her mommy's nose. I think she will have a more olive complexion, while Brittany thinks she will have a fair complexion. I think she'll have my ears, but we're hoping she has Brittany's small ears. We're saving the big ears for any future boys we may have!

Post a Comment! 0 comments »