Father's Day and a Birthday:)

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

We had a great father's day! I hope you did too! Charlie was off, which I was so happy for him. I got up early and took just Savannah with me to breakfast with my family. It was father's day of course but also my sisters birthday! Every once in awhile it ends up on the same day. We had a yummy breakfast and then my sister headed back to Mississippi:( Happy Birthday Sissy! Savannah and I went home and picked up the baby and Charlie to head out to his families house for the day. Charlie's uncle and aunt were going to come over and his cousin with his two girls. We haven't seen them since our wedding, so I was very excited! We grilled out and just enjoyed our time out there. Savannah played with her second cousins and just had a ball!


My dad and baby Charlie:)


Savannah eating with her 2nd cousins



For gifts I gave all the fathers the same thing but each one fit there personality:) I saw this idea on a store's advertisement for you to come in and pay them to do this for $60. I said no thank you, I'll attempt myselft. The only difference is you can't eat off mine because it wasn't fired in a kiln. But I don't think that is a big deal.
Savannah helped paint too!


Beginning stages of Charlie's plate

Each plate had a theme that included the footprints of the kids as part of the design. Charlie enjoys golfing and although we don't get to do it much I know we will get back to it soon:)

Charlie's dad is a great guitar player and singer. He was in a band not long ago. So this was perfect for him!

My dad is all about hunting!


The camo was definitely time consuming:)



It was great day! I am lucky to have such an amazing husband and dad. He spent alot of time playing with the girls that day and is just so good with kids. He sat at the kids table at lunch because Savannah wanted to sit with him. He is truly in love with our kids and shows it every single day. Love you Charlie and Happy Father's Day!


Happy Father's Day to my daddy! A great dad and papa! I also am blessing with a wonderful father-in-law who is so loving to me and my kids!

Post a Comment! 3 comments »

3 comments

  1. Jenny // June 21, 2011 at 2:16 PM  

    Love the plate idea! Too cute! So glad you had an AWESOME Fathers Day!!!

  2. The Jaspers // June 22, 2011 at 9:21 AM  

    you are so creative! i must take notes! cute idea about the foot prints! the plates are so cute!

  3. Jaclyn // June 23, 2011 at 3:33 PM  

    These are soooooo cute! I love the idea!

Followers