Happy Valentine's Day!

Monday, February 14, 2011

I decided to do a few things this year for valentines day. First I saw at kroger these really cute candy bouquets. They wanted $20-$35 for them. I poked at them and saw they were super easy to make. So I made a big one and a little one for Charlie and Savi!

I had vases already. Fill them up with whatever candy you want.

Glue candy to dowel rods or skewers. I had skewer already also!


Use either cellophone or tissue paper and poke thru wherever you want. Total cost was probably $5 each. (I bought my candy early and on sale...so maybe add a dollar or two if it was full price)


Savi loved it and immediately picked a "candy flower" to eat!:)

My sis gave me the idea of making little red velvet heart cakes. You just buy cake mix and spread thinly on a cookie sheet. Bake 10 min ( I baked longer bc my sis didn't answer the phone when I was baking and wasn't sure what to do. She called back to late after I baked for 20 min! Luckily they were still ok) Cut out shape of choice. Then I used cream cheese icing. I colored it pink and made little cakes for work. Yummy!









Happy Valentine's Day!

Post a Comment! 3 comments »

3 comments

  1. Mrs. M // February 14, 2011 at 4:43 PM  

    Wonderful pictures. I love the crafts - the cakes turned out cute - what a great idea!

  2. Loren // February 14, 2011 at 4:50 PM  

    I love Charlie's cupid onesie!

  3. lots of love // February 15, 2011 at 2:24 PM  

    Love the candy bouquets! how cute is that vday card!

Followers