Honesty is the best policy!

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Ok, so I’m just going to be real honest! Ya’ll are so sweet on my last post with all your comments about how tiny and what not I am. But let me just say if this is anything like the last time, it’s about to get BIG:) I gained 50 yes 50 pounds with my first pregnancy. I’m only admitting that because I lost all the weight and an extra 5 pounds with it. Thank you breastfeeding and dance! Anyway, I have no idea why I gained so much. I taught dance most of my pregnancy, so it wasn’t like I was lazy. But man, I packed on some pounds. Starting weight this time is 109. Here is a picture of me close to the end last time...




I think by admitting the above, I won’t feel so bad about admitting this today. I really had to unbutton my top button of my pants because I was feeling tight and uncomfortable. I’m only 11 weeks. That feels a bit soon! BUT here is what I am telling myself. 1. During your second pregnancy I’ve heard your body knows better what to do and sometimes a belly comes a bit faster. 2. I am small and therefore my pants fit quite snug and to size. For me gaining a couple pounds or being bloated affects me ASAP when it comes to clothes. That is my story and I’m sticking to it! HA! Because I follow this other chicks blog who I think is around 25 weeks, and is sporting a cute little belly and NOT wearing maternity clothes yet. UM REALLY, I do not think I will be making it that long based on the feel of things. Oh and here is the kicker, I’m sick as a dog. Probably every other day at least, I throw up. So I haven’t actually gained any weight that I know of. So how do I have a belly that doesn’t comfortably fit into my pants? This is mystery to me and makes me a tad insecure. Any incite from all you moms out there would be greatly appreciated! Thank goodness I can just blame pregnancy in a general sense:)

Post a Comment! 8 comments »

8 comments

  1. Charity // February 11, 2010 at 12:27 PM  

    Trust me you do show faster with each pregnancy! Beautiful maternity pic btw.

  2. Brittany..Following my Bliss // February 11, 2010 at 2:10 PM  

    Brittany, you might have gained 50lbs last time but you sure didn't look it at all! You were all baby! The rest of your body didnt even pudge! pfft!!
    As for your pants being snug, you're right, as tiny as you are, you're going to notice every little change!
    Thats a great picture!

  3. Shermanators // February 11, 2010 at 4:23 PM  

    I gained 5 lbs by my first appointment at 8 weeks! But then it has been slow going since then. EVERY SINGLE one of my girlfriends said they showed much quicker with 2nd, 3rd, etc....so dont' worry!!! =)

    Yeah...I dont' know HOW she is 25 weeks with only a 6-7 lb gain!!! I barely eat some days cuz i am STILL sick and I'm still gaining weight!!

  4. Amy // February 11, 2010 at 4:29 PM  

    With #2 and #3 I "felt" pregnant sooner, my clothes fit much tighter (I'm talking, I was maybe one month along, and I was unbuttoning my pants!). The Bella band (the cheaper version) was my very best friend for months. I um, also wore maternity clothes MUCH sooner with #2 and #3 :)

  5. Mrs. M // February 11, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

    Yep, you just show sooner, even if you haven't gained any weight? Were you this sick with Savi?? I am already working on my "it's a boy" theory!! :)

  6. Heather // February 11, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

    I DEFINITELY showed faster with the second baby. DEFINITELY! And you look "all belly" in that pic...you are cute no matter what!!!

  7. Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too // February 16, 2010 at 12:36 AM  

    You were all baby!
    I barely had a belly with my first pregnancy. I was thin to begin with, and got very sick, so I didn't really show. The nurses didn't believe that I was pregnant when I was in labor! I did get bigger with my second. Once again, I was really sick. I began getting "bloated" early in my pregnancy, but then it began to shrink. Probably due to the sickness, but also the constipation, lol!
    Don't worry about the belly. It's completely normal!

  8. Janelle // February 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

    I found you through Kelly's Korner a while back (during one of the show us your life posts). I just have to say I gained 50 lbs when I was pregnant too! I had people asking me if I was sure I wasn't having twins and if I was about to deliver (from 27 weeks on). Now I can just laugh, because I lost all the weight quickly, plus more and had to buy a new wardrobe. My doctor was so sweet and constantly reminded me that my body was just doing what it needed to do. Smaller people (I was running marathons when I got pregnant) often need to gain more to support a baby. Forget about the weight gain. You can ask your doctor not to tell you if that makes it less stressful!

Followers