Hodge Podge

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I went to the doctor on Monday. All good things so far. 2 pounds of weight gain, found the heart beat very quickly, and a couple of pricks to get my blood. That part hurt just a tad, but not the end of the world. Next Tuesday we go to the perinatologist to get some optional genetic testing. We will be able to know some things about the baby now if there were any cases of down syndrome or any other disease that we need to be prepared for. But also generally doctors in that field are very skilled in reading sonograms, therefore as we did last time with Savi we may get a guess on the sex! Statistically they are about 83-86% correct on their guess. So while we can’t take it to the bank, we can take it home. Last time with Savannah he guessed correctly!

Charlie and I went on our date Monday night. Valentine’s Day is SO CUTE! You must see. I really enjoyed it, and Charlie liked it too. I enjoyed catching a movie with him. It was nice.

Funny Story: On Thursday when we had all that snow, we took Savi out for maybe 10 minutes. Charlie and I both got bundled up and went out there also. I had gloves on but Charlie did not. Later after we were all cleaned up from being outside, Charlie asked me if I had moved his wedding ring. I said no I haven’t seen it. He proceeds to look over the house and can’t find it. We come to the conclusion that it is quite possible he lost it out in the snow. His hands were so cold and he was digging into the snow to pick it up that he may have not noticed if it slipped off. He goes out to look but with all the snow, we can’t find it. 3 days later after it all melts he goes outside for probably 10 minutes and found it. I was shocked! I did not think he would find it just randomly in our backyard. So glad he did.

Still dealing with all that is morning sickness. Some days are so much worse than others. I hate that. I can only hope for maybe 2 more weeks and then hopefully to start feeling better.

Savi is starting to like sunglasses, I'm pretty excited for summer:)

These are glasses from when Charlie and I saw a 3D movie and she plays with them all the time:)

Post a Comment! 7 comments »

7 comments

  1. Courtney // February 17, 2010 at 6:07 PM  

    Hopefully the morning sickness goes away soon. I love the great story about the ring.

  2. Charlie // February 17, 2010 at 6:34 PM  

    Love you baby, and I found it after about 2 minutes. Wasn't hard to find. I pretty much knew where to look! ;) Sitting right on top of the grass.

    Sorry you weren't feeling well today. Savi sickness lasted 13 weeks. You're coming up on that so hopefully you're almost done!

  3. Laurie // February 17, 2010 at 8:24 PM  

    I will give you a guess on the baby's sex for free...I can guarantee 50% accuracy.

  4. Heather // February 17, 2010 at 11:54 PM  

    Glad the appt. went well! That's always good news!

  5. Unknown // February 18, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

    So exciting that you may be able to find out the babys sex soon!! Hope the morning sickness goes away! AND...Glad he found his wedding ring!

  6. lots of love // February 18, 2010 at 10:13 PM  

    Ooooh cant wait to know the sex! Great story about finding the ring! Sorry you've still got morning sickness! Hope you get some relief from that soon!

  7. Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too // February 18, 2010 at 10:42 PM  

    I'm so glad he found his ring!
    I'm glad your appointment went well! I hope the morning sickness goes away soon.

Followers