Happy Easter!

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

A little late, I know....but oh well. I always get so anxious when I get behind on reading and posting blogs. So silly, but I can't help it. It makes me feel behind in all aspects if I'm behind on this stuff. Go figure...

We had a great Easter, but not without some crazy storms. I took the kids out to Charlie's parents house on Saturday. Charlie had to work:( We had a great day. Charlie's grandparents were in town, so that was a special treat. Savi got to dye more eggs, decorate cupcakes, and of course Easter egg hunt! The adults even got to hunt Easter eggs. Except our eggs had MONEY in them:) Mims and pops (what we call Charlie's parents instead of grandma and grandpa) did a great job hiding the eggs for us adults. It was fun! Around the time we were thinking of heading home it started to rain pretty hard. Then got harder and added hail. Hail got bigger. It got later. Tornado sirens went off. We weren't going anywhere. Charlie was worried about us and didn't want me driving. It is about 50 miles from our house. So I put the kids to sleep (about 5 times) and waited for Charlie to come out there. He insisted on coming to us. He got to his parents and ate some dinner. It was just so crazy with so many people and the kids were having a hard time sleeping being in a different bed and it not being as quiet as they were used to. Around 11:30pm when all the storms had passed, we decided it would probably be best to just head home. Even though it was late, we would still probably get more sleep then if we stayed. We packed up and got home around 1ish. Great day, but super long. Oh and that morning I had gotten up at 4am because I had to do something at work that couldn't be missed. I didn't want to get a babysitter for the 1 hr I was there so I just got up early enough while Charlie was still home. He has to leave for work by 6am, so I had to get to work and be home by then. I encountered what I'm pretty sure was a drunk driver on my way there and called 911. Needless to say, I was very happy to climb into bed!


Gigi (great grandmother) playing with baby C:)


Matching shirts I made for the kids:)

She enjoyed putting stickers on her nose more than the eggs!



Cupcake decorating!




Uncle Bryan, baby C, and Mims


Easter goodies from Mims!



Great granddad and baby C!




After all that craziness, we stayed home Sunday and rested. Charlie even stayed home. We gave the kids there Easter baskets and I think they both loved everything we gave them. We went over to my parents for a bit and hunted more eggs. Had a nice lunch and then headed home to relax for the rest of the day. It was a great weekend! Happy Easter to everyone:)















Nanie helping Savi see what is inside the eggs!

Post a Comment! 2 comments »

2 comments

  1. Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too // May 4, 2011 at 11:49 AM  

    Cute pictures! I'm glad you had a good Easter weekend despite the storms!

  2. lots of love // May 9, 2011 at 2:42 PM  

    So cute! I feel the same way when I'm behind on blogging! I think I'm the only person who didnt get a chance to dye eggs with my daughter this year =( Maybe we'll do summer egg dying lol

Followers