Books!

Sunday, August 08, 2010

This weekend was my baby shower. Since I didn't need lots of stuff, I decided to do a "book" themed shower. All the guests could bring there favorite book! Books are such a great gift for a child, but somehow as the mother one of the last things I tend to buy. This was a great way to expand our little ones collection. Savannah has enjoyed them too:)

My invitation was mimicked after the old school library checkout cards inside books. I loved it!!!


We got so many books! It was a fun shower:) We played one game where the title of popular children's books had the words changed and you had to guess what book it was. Like "A Trio of Minute Swine" was 3 Little Pigs. Then we also were given a handout with lots of pictures of popular kids book characters. We had to write down there names. That was a little harder. Both super fun games. Lastly, we filled out future birthday cards for baby Charlie. I did this at Savannah's shower, so I did it again so both kids would have them. You buy however many birthday cards based on guests or to the number you want to get to. (Guests can do 2 each if necessary) Then each guest gets one and fills out a birthday wish. Seal them up and don't get back out till that birthday. Most birthdays you can find a card with the actual age listed, but if not any birthday card will do. I have close to 21 birthday cards for each of them.

Charlie's mom (Mims) found books with the baby's name in the title!
My mom and sister did this for Savannah...they bought me lots of clothes to get me started:)
My sis, Kristin, and Me
Mims
Charlie' cousin, aunt, his mom, and me!

The food was of course yummy (let's not lie...always a favorite part)! The hostess put books to go with all the food. "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs" was behind the meat balls. She did ham slices and deviled eggs with the book "Green Eggs and Ham." They dyed with food coloring the filling of the eggs. SO CUTE! All of it was adorable:)






Lots of gifts were opened and I was once again super blessed:) After the shower we drove to Charlies parent's house to celebrate his dad's birthday. We grilled out and I ate more food. Shocking I know:) We finally got home around 10pm. Sunday was of course the day of rest!

Post a Comment! 5 comments »

5 comments

  1. Walker Family // August 8, 2010 at 9:05 PM  

    I love this idea for a shower. Thanks for sharing!

  2. Staci A // August 8, 2010 at 9:44 PM  

    What a cute theme for your shower! It sounds like a wonderful time. I saw many of our favorite books there too, my son loves Charlie the Caterpillar!

  3. Mrs. M // August 9, 2010 at 10:38 PM  

    You look great in that blue dress!

    Love the shower - the theme, decor. It's perfect. ;)

  4. Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too // August 16, 2010 at 10:25 PM  

    You look wonderful! I love the idea of a book shower. I think you got a lot of clothes for your baby boy!

  5. lots of love // August 17, 2010 at 10:54 PM  

    omg that's the cutest theme shower I've ever heard of! Adorable! All the little details are just precious and you look adorable!

Followers