Change

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Change isn't really my thing. I am a planner. I like to know everything and plan as much as I can. Doing something unknown is not impossible for me, but not my favorite. I can be real weird though, just ask my husband. One time he moved around all the furniture in our living room and didn't tell me. That kinda stuffs irks me! I have to be part of the change or I am real against it. Coming home to that surprise was not a good one. I know I am weird and I try to keep it to a minimum, but it is hard. Anyway….all this to say we are about to make a big change. A job change. I wasn't really looking for a new job, but one just sort of fell in my lap. It is pretty much completely different than what I am doing, but still in the same industry. Hospitality that is. So I am familiar, but have a lot to learn. I prayed, discussed, and analyzed till I was blue in the face about what the right choice was. Us OCD planners tend to do that sort of thing:) Charlie was supportive either way. Somehow I just felt like this was the right time for a change for us. I have no idea what the future holds for us, but it does offer me to work from home some, of course a pay increase, learning new things, and new experiences. I am going to embrace my decision and hope for the best! But ya'll, change is so not my thing!

Post a Comment! 7 comments »

7 comments

  1. Brittany..Following my Bliss // January 17, 2010 at 2:20 PM  

    Good luck on your new venture!
    Sometimes the biggest blessings come from taking a leap of faith!

    P.S. Even though we're both Brittany's and have daughters named Savanna(h), I am definitely not a planner and love for things to always change! lol

  2. Charity // January 17, 2010 at 3:56 PM  

    Good luck girl! I am sure you are going to do amazing!! Embrace change, it can be really good for you sometimes.

  3. Angie Vik // January 18, 2010 at 12:33 AM  

    Congratulations on your new job. Hope it goes well.

    About change, I like the quote, "The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn."

  4. Amy // January 18, 2010 at 10:41 AM  

    Wow, congrats! I will be praying for you guys on your new venture :)

  5. Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too // January 18, 2010 at 1:08 PM  

    Good luck with the new job!

  6. lots of love // January 18, 2010 at 5:52 PM  
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  7. prashant // January 29, 2010 at 7:55 AM  

    Sometimes the biggest blessings come from taking a leap of faith!

    Work from home India

Followers