Love you Charlie!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

1) Did you have a traditional Proposal? Pretty much. We were laying down and Charlie asked me to get up and turn the lights on and help him look for his contact that he just lost. He "suddenly" found it and then brought the ring out that he had hidden in the other hand and asked me to marry him. I was super happy and surprised!

2) When was your wedding day? June 3, 2007

3) What day of the week was it? Sunday evening

4) Church/court/other? We had the ceremony at the same location as our reception. So a banquet room at the Marriott. It was nice that people didn't have to get in there car for another location.

5) What song played while the bride walked down the aisle? Pachelbel -Canon

6) How many in your wedding party? 6 bridesmaids, 6 groomsmen, 2 ushers, 1 house party, and a ring bearer and flower girl.

7) How many guests were invited to your wedding? I can't remember, probably around 400ish I guess because we had 170 attend.

8) How long were you engaged? 8 months.

9) Who did you hire as your photographer/videographer? Doug Layton... Very good. Eyecatchdesign.com

10) Did you have a DJ or a band? We had a string trio for the ceremony and a DJ for the reception.

11) Did your father walk you down the aisle? Definitely, every little girls dream:)

12) What color were the bridesmaid dresses & groomsmen vests? The bridesmaids dress' were a aqua/teal color. One of my favorites! The boys had black tuxedos and grey vests. Charlie was all black.

13) Who was your Maid Of Honor/Best Man? My sister was my maid of honor and Charlie's brother was the best man.

14) Did you have a bridal shower? Yes, it was perfect!

15) What type of limo did you get? Didn't need one. Ceremony and reception were in the same place and we spent the night at the hotel we had the reception at. But we did get one to go to the airport to catch our flight for the honeymoon. Just your average fun filled limo:)

16) Where did you go for your Bachelorette/Bachelor Party? I just had all the girls over for a pool party and the boys did bowling and boy stuff at an apartment.

17) The night before your wedding, did you sleep? Yeah, I think I slept just fine. I knew he was the one for me and I had no doubts!

18) What type of wedding gown/tux did you two wear? Charlie wore his black tuxedo and my dress was an ivory satin gown from Watters&Watters. It was very simple but at the bottom had a very light blue beaded edge. It was perfect for my colors!

19) Did you have a veil? Yep, it had little crystals on it. Not to little or to much, just right.

20) What was the funniest moment from your wedding? Nothing huge sticks out, but maybe Travis' (one of the groomsmen) speech.

21) How was the weather? Hot and sunny. Typical June weather, but Charlie and I are summer people!

22) Did your bridal party deck out the get away car? No, we didn't have one for the day of the wedding and then the limo was the next mode of transportation.

23) Where did you go on your Honeymoon? A cruise out of Miami.

24) What was your favorite part of your wedding day? Everything was so perfect. I definitely enjoyed our first dance. Knowing that we had made it to that point and we could spend the rest of our lives together was a pretty good feeling.

25) How long have you been married? Almost 2 years.

26) Rings? My main stone was my great great grandmothers (pretty sure right mom?) and then Charlie picked out a setting. We picked out a wedding band to match and his ring is pretty basic. A titanium band with an Latin inscription that means "Only you and no one else."
27) Did the bride change her name? Of course!

28) Any anniversary traditions? We ate our pieces of cake from the wedding on our first anniversary, I don't know what we will do this year.

29) Anything special about the day/time of year you were married? No not really.

30) Words of wisdom? Make sure you know the good and the bad because the good is what gets you through a bad day.


Post a Comment! 1 comments »

1 comments

  1. Unknown // February 28, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

    thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog!

    i love your blog by the way and your daughter is absolutely beautiful!!!

    if i could change anything about my wedding i think i would have had a dj or band!!

Followers