New Addition!

Monday, November 14, 2011

Savannah was playing in the tub and had a container full of water. She took a little Flounder figurine and put him in the water and said "mommy, look at my fish bowl." I thought it was so cute and instantly decided she was ready for a pet fish:) I called Charlie and he was on board. I can't handle a cat or a dog right now. So a fish is about the only pet you could pay me to get right now.

We went to the pet store and picked out our fish. I held up a blue and a purple one. I asked Savi to pick one. She picked the purple one. She picked out the little castle that is in the tank also. She was so excited once we got home.

Every time I asked her what we should name it, she answered purple. I don't think she understood the question:) It hit me that Scarlett would be a good name. This was fitting because IF I had ever had another girl this would have been her name. I really am content with my 2 precious kids. One boy and one girl. I found it fitting to use this name on the pet:) Kinda weird, but it pleased me. I love being pregnant, and wait for it....I love labor. I would do all that again in a heart beat, but it is everything that comes with that that I'm not on board with. I have a demanding job now and breastfeeding for a year is a lot of work! And then just in general a newborn is a whole other job in itself. I like even numbers. I'm OCD and all I can think is 2 fit in one/most cars, 2 fit in one hotel room, 2 fit on a plane (one with each parent), etc. 3 changes everything. And just in case you didn't know, I'm not a millionaire:) I'd rather give more to two then be spread thin. Sorry about my sidebar, but there ya go:)

So we are very happy with our fish, Scarlett:) Savi loves her! She talks to her and pretends to tickle her, loves to feed her, and just in general thinks the world of this fish. Baby C points and smiles. So I think he likes her too:)

Post a Comment! 2 comments »

2 comments

  1. Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too // November 15, 2011 at 8:15 AM  

    What a great addition!

  2. lots of love // November 28, 2011 at 9:40 PM  

    aw congrats on the new family member!

Followers