Free Free I'm Free At Last!!!

Saturday, September 03, 2011

I know the title makes it sound like I was in jail or something.....but it is just my way of saying I'm excited and proud to say that I'm now done breastfeeding my second child for a whole year! Baby Charlie has officially moved on to whole milk. It is always a rough road, but I'm glad I stuck to it. I have had two kids and never bought or fed a can of formula to either one!

The second time was a little easier for sure. No mastitis (huge plus!) Milk got low at some points, but not as low as with Savannah. No waking up at 2am to pump just so I would have enough for the next day. Both kids were very good at taking a bottle and then switching right back to me when I was home. I love the bond I have had with each one of them while breastfeeding, but at the same time so glad to be done. It is a lot of work!

Baby C is getting to be such a big boy! He is out of his baby carseat and looking like such a little man! Tomorrow is his 1 year birthday!!!

Post a Comment! 5 comments »

5 comments

  1. Brittany..Following my Bliss // September 5, 2011 at 12:30 AM  

    Congrats on the 1 year of exclusive breastfeeding.
    Baby Charlie looks so tiny in that huge seat! :)

  2. The Jaspers // September 6, 2011 at 6:33 PM  

    Love the title of this blog! Haha

  3. Mrs. M // September 6, 2011 at 7:41 PM  

    Way to go - you have every right to be proud (and relieved)!! :)

  4. lots of love // September 8, 2011 at 5:15 AM  

    Wow! You're awesome! I seriously wanted to nurse Rylie so bad and it just didnt work out. I was very hard on myself for it. I'm going to try with Remy to nurse but I do have formula already has a backup. It's such a hard thing to do, I'm amazed how you and others can make it a whole year. I might be emailing you for tips later =)

  5. Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too // September 9, 2011 at 1:34 PM  

    Way to go!!! I can't believe he's 1!

Followers