Eureka!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

We had a wonderful Christmas! Hopefully you did too! We got snow starting Christmas Eve and it stayed through Christmas morning. It was so beautiful and not something Texas sees to often, not to mention on Christmas! The only downside is because of the snow we didn't go to Christmas Eve church service. It rained first then snowed late afternoon all through the evening. Since good old Dallas doesn't deal with this weather often, it seems like we don't know how to drive when this stuff happens. We live about 25 minutes from our church and my parents just said they didn't feel comfortable having us drive. Especially with our little precious cargo. There turned out to be a 3 person fatality at a major intersection about 7 miles from our house. I so didn't want to miss our church service as I haven't missed one my entire life, but keeping our family safe is important also.



We went to Charlie's parents house for Christmas Eve. (They live across the street, so not overly dangerous to travel to them:)) We had a yummy turkey dinner and then opened presents! Savi got some great Sesame Street books, videos, and figurines. She loved all the ribbon and paper. Charlie and I had asked for a vacuum cleaner....that is what happens when you get married. Boring gifts:) But we so needed it and absolutely loved it! We came home and vacuumed Christmas morning...ha! Ours had given out on us months ago except for the attachment. So we have been vacuuming the house with just the attachment. Wouldn't recommend it:)


I would rather get no gifts and see that excitement a thousand times!
Notice the ribbon:)
Our new vacuum!


The next morning we did our little family Christmas! Savi got a chair, blocks, videos, a vacuum:)!, and markers. It was a vacuum Christmas! lol She loved sitting in her chair and playing. It was so cute. I made breakfast casserole for the first time and we just enjoyed the morning together.
Playing with her new blocks in her new chair:)
Every year we each get a lottery card in our stocking...the crossword ones are our favorite! I won $5!!

Everyone gets a vacuum!

She did good at pulling the stuff out of her stocking!
Charlie got me a James Avery butterfly. 2 hearts make a butterfly. He is sweet:)
I made him a personalized mouse pad!
Opening away........

Later after the sun had done some damage to that snow, we traveled to my parent's house. My poor dad either has the flu or some other bad cold so we really didn't see him much. He was sleeping and we didn't want him to come out and get Savi sick. We saved his presents for another time. Savi got many more presents:) A cell phone, bath toys, clothes, blocks, and a wagon. My parents got us a Sams Membership....such a good gift! I am always borrowing hers! Charlie also got a toaster oven and some clothes. I got an Ihome, jeans, other clothes, and A COACH PURSE! My mom said they were having some amazing deal and she got me one. I love it!:)

What is on top of my head?
She is in school to be a teacher, and I found teacher golf balls;)

I truly hope all of you had an amazing Christmas!

Post a Comment! 6 comments »

6 comments

  1. Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too // December 27, 2009 at 9:01 PM  

    It looks like you had a great Christmas. I'm so happy you got snow-how exciting! It was warm and rainy here. :( I love how you ended the post with your names written in the snow!

  2. Jenna // December 27, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

    what a wonderful Christmas!! Savi is adorable!

  3. Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's // December 28, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

    I love that Dallas got all that snow! Still odd to me that they got snow before WA, but what a lovely way to spend Christmas! Enjoy that new vacuum .... I got one last Christmas and don't quite use it enough :)

  4. Heather // December 29, 2009 at 3:20 PM  

    What a great Christmas!! Look at all that snow, so happy y'all were able to get some, so awesome!!

  5. // December 29, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

    Great pictures to document Christmas!! Congrat's on the $5 lottery scratcher win :-) Ha! Fun stocking stuffer!

  6. Blissfully Enamored // December 30, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

    hey girl!!! i just got your comment!! the frames are $25 and i can def. customize them!

Followers