Return of Charlie...and updates!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yes, it's true, I haven't posted in awhile. Brittany has been really good at keeping the blog going. So many things to say, I'm not even sure where to begin.

Staying home with Savannah has been great. Keeping a full-time job in the process as well leaves me wanting more sleep every night. But sleep is an easy thing to sacrifice when it comes to taking care of our little girl. The minute I wake up and see her smiling face is all I need to get up and get going.

Savannah is sleeping in her room again. We had been cautious after the first time we moved her in there, and brought her back to our room. We were afraid she was refluxing to the point of choking, and put her to sleep in her playpen so we could be closer to her if she needed help. Better to be overly cautious than take chances in my book. However, after her four month checkup, the pedi didn't seem too overly concerned, and told us to watch for a couple serious reflux symptoms, of which Savi really hasn't had any. So, she's back in her room and sleeping great at night! I keep the baby monitor at my bedside and crank up the volume so I can keep an eye on her at night. She fusses a little, but always puts herself back to sleep. It's been nice to get a little more sleep, but the constant alertness that comes with being a parent isn't something I expect to cease any time soon.

As far as development goes, Savannah is doing great. She can roll from back to front with ease, and is constantly grabbing her feet and sucking on her toes. She can't quite roll front to back yet, but I am sure it's only a matter of time. She stands up extremely well, and when she has her hands on something firmly attached to the ground, she can even hold herself up (with daddy's hands hovering around her tiny belly if he needs to catch her). She can hold herself up on her elbows when she is prone, but hasn't quite mastered that task on her own. It always takes a little help from mom and dad. She's babbling up a storm, but is always even chattier when Brittany comes home. Which brings me to my next topic...

I spend 4 days of the week at home with my daughter, and she is so much fun to be around. Always talking, laughing, putting toys in her mouth, and keeping me on my toes. I love it. She loves spending time with her dad! But when mommy comes home, her face lights up and she laughs and squeels more than any other time. She LOVES when her mommy comes home from work. She is constantly babbling and laughing with such excitement that you can tell mommy is her favorite person in the world. As she should be! Mommy still has all the good food!

We've got more pictures we need to post, but as I am at work right now, I don't have access to any of them. So look for pictures soon!

Everything is great and wonderful. I love being a dad. Life is awesome.

Post a Comment! 0 comments »

0 comments

Followers