Savannah is 2!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

It has been crazy experiencing love for two children. I was really nervous about this part. How do you make sure both kids know you love them equally and so much?! We are working hard to make sure Savannah feels lots of love.

Last Saturday, September 11, was my precious Savannah's birthday. She turned 2! So crazy that we have a 2 year old! I had planned for her to have a big Candy Land themed party in a couple weeks. However in my head I had planned for Charlie to be off for that weekend after I had the baby. Well since he came early, Charlie went back to work sooner and hadn't asked for that time off. So he would not only not be able to attend her party, but I would be left alone that day to prepare for it with a newborn and Savi. I just didn't foresee this going well and felt we needed to change plans. I felt awful about this. I so wanted her to have her big party and now I was rushing to plan something in 48 hours. She deserves so much more! Post partum hormones played a huge part in my feelings I think. I know she doesn't really know the difference, but as all moms can probably relate....you just want to give your kids the world.

Well I sent out a quick email to the most important people that we wanted there and put together some food and ordered a cake. I made Savannah a banner last year that said "Savannah's Sweets" and decided that I would always do a sweets table as a tradition at all her parties. Charlie and I gave her a big play kitchen that she loved. I love her so much and hopefully she enjoyed her special day!

She loved her kitchen and it was fully stocked with food! My parents gave her a pot set to go with it!




Her Aunt Missy gave her the cutest shoes from Sketchers called Twinkle Toes. They are all blinged out and light up! Love them:)
Happy Birthday my sweet Savannah!

Post a Comment! 3 comments »

3 comments

  1. Mrs. M // September 19, 2010 at 9:41 AM  

    What a big birthday - the kitchen is awesome!! I bet Savi will get lots of use out of it. Very cool cupcake cake - did you make it yourself? :)

  2. lots of love // September 20, 2010 at 9:44 PM  

    Oh she just looks so grown with that long hair! I completely understand how you feel being stressed over the party. I promise you'll look back in 15 yrs & not even remember it probably! It looks like she had a lot of fun!

  3. Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too // September 24, 2010 at 8:52 AM  

    Happy 2nd Birthday, Savannah!!!
    She looks so cute and so big! The play kitchen is a great gift! My kids still play with theirs!
    I'm sure she had a great day and felt completely loved!

Followers